We require an individual to join our team of Distribution and Business Development, to ensure that the institution’s public services are innovative, prominent and available to all, now and in the future. We need a highly motivated individual to join our team and play a leading role in the evolution of institution’s services across broadcast, hybrid and IP platforms.
You will have well-developed knowledge in the field of linear and non-linear distribution. You will also have a strong interest in how audiences want to consume TV, Radio and online services and a desire to inspire change.
You will have an understanding of overall the institution’s strategic context, service requirements and business environment, and will use personal domain and commercial expertise to propose, establish and optimize how institution’s services are delivered to our audiences.
You will work with the institution’s external partners to build productive relationships and ensure that the audience can enjoy our services across a diverse range of outlets and platforms.
Working with editorial and strategy colleagues, you will help to develop and demonstrate the art of the possible for the institution’s services, and contribute to Institution’s strategy as the journey towards an IP-centric future unfolds. You will be a key contributor to larger, complex projects and take responsibility for leading substantial projects of your own.
- Working closely with the institution’s stakeholders (e.g. TV, Radio, News) to propose solutions that provide optimum routes to market for the institution’s service requirements.
- Scoping and management of projects to develop new and existing Institution’s services, directing the work of project team members across the Institution’s and partners, ensuring compliant and timely delivery
- Manage third parties and the institution’s key partners to ensure current and future distribution needs are met. Support contract negotiations, identifying areas of opportunity and risk for the institution’s, seeking and acting on legal advice as required
- Monitor partner performance against the Institution’s requirements, proposing corrective action and providing appropriate communications to audiences and stakeholders
- A contributor to development of the institution’s distribution strategy across broadcast and IP, and a source of domain knowledge
- Contribute to briefings for senior managers and input to board papers, orally and in writing
- Develop personal domain expertise and build reputation within and externally, representing institution’s as required
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience and track record of achievement in the media sector.
- A good understanding of the content delivery landscape (broadcasting and IP)
and the institution’s position in it, and the strategic importance of the
- Good influencing and diplomatic skills, able to build trusting, productive
relationships with senior level contacts inside and outside the organization
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills. Experience of influencing strategy at
a senior level
- Good understanding and experience of legal terminology and contract
principles, negotiation and practices
- Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams across organizational boundaries, managing diverse stakeholder interests
- Project management skills and demonstrable experience of major projects and programmes
- Able to work on own initiative, under pressure and to tight deadlines, with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to deal with multiple issues as they arise, remaining calm and effective
- Flexibility in dealing with different scenarios and people, and with skills to
- Able to influence by example and inspire appropriate behaviors amongst
- Ability to build and lead effective teams, and to ensure tasks are followed
through to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & specialist software packages
relevant to the activities of the role.
- The Media Business Development Officer reports to the Client Partner.
- Decision-maker in respect of distribution of the Institution’s services with
implications for relationships with some of the Institution’s biggest partners and competitors, and significant effects on the availability, prominence and innovation of Institution’s services.
- The Media Business Development officer will be expected to perform the role within the framework of the leadership values and behaviors and inspire such behavior in others.